Thursday, February 5, 2015

Artisan Resto Cafe

Whenever I head down Whyte Ave, Artisan Resto Cafe has always caught my eye. Located on the first stretch of the popular avenue starting from 109th Street, this restaurant is found in the lower level of the Garneau Building. During the winter break, CJ and I decided to check it out for our first lunch date of 2015! Yes, I've decided that because I haven't gone on too many food adventures so far this year, it would be a good time to post about the 2015 ones before I backtrack and write about the 2014 adventures! I plan on spending my upcoming reading week updating this blog. 

The interior.

When CJ and I stepped into this restaurant, we found that it was actually quite spacious with a lot of natural light shining through despite it being on the lower level. I would describe the atmosphere as being quaint and cozy - perfect for breakfast, brunch, or lunch! 

Artisan Resto Cafe offers a lot of options for breakfast, along with a selection of soups, salads, sandwiches, desserts, and so much more. Many people on Instagram share that this place is the best breakfast spot in the city, so I knew I had to try one of their breakfast options! I was craving eggs anyways, lol. 

Our food.

You can never go wrong with having breakfast for lunch! Our food did take awhile to come out even though there were only a few other people eating here. Hmmm.

Prairie Gold.

I decided on the Prairie Gold ($10.29) for my meal, which is one of the five options listed under their Classic Eggs. In this dish you get two eggs of any style, your choice of bacon, ham, or sausage, grilled potatoes, tomatoes, and toasted pan bread. There is also a selection of fresh fruit for garnish. My mom would always make my eggs sunny side up when I was younger, so this style is obviously my favourite! I easily got through the eggs, toast, and potatoes - it was definitely the perfect combo and not too greasy at all. The cantaloupe and orange slices were fresh, but the honeydew had a weird bitter taste to it. I didn't touch the grapefruit or tomato slices either (just because I don't really like these foods in general!). Overall, I found this dish to be a great breakfast option: classic and simple. 

The Breton.

CJ is more of an eggs benedict lover, so I wasn't surprised when he ordered The Breton ($11.29). This dish comes with two poached eggs on toasted English muffins, along with mushrooms, melted brie cheese, and their classic hollandaise sauce. It also came with the same grilled potatoes and fresh fruit arrangement as my dish. CJ seemed to enjoy his food, but I guess it wasn't too filling for him since he kept grabbing food off my plate! 

Drooooool.

One thing that I loved about Artisan Resto Cafe was the affordability of their menu options! It's not too expensive at all, and you still receive a tasty meal. I was quite relaxed the whole time as well, which definitely makes for a positive dining experience. I would love to come back here again for an actual breakfast (not breakfast for lunch), and maybe I'll try one of their crepes or Belgian waffles next time! Consider checking out this place for your next brunch destination! 

No comments:

Post a Comment